How do I chabge the sparks plugs & wires on a 2006 Lincoln

lwhite
0

Asked by lwhite Oct 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM about the 2006 Lincoln LS

msgtusmc
60

Look on drivers side from front of vehicle, see top of valve cover, from front to rear you will see the coil packs with a wire connector on each pack, squeeze the connector to release the latch on the bottom, pull connector off, use 8mm socket remove coil pack bolt, remove coil pack pulling straight up, each one has a spark plug boot connected to it. With the coil pack and boot removed, use a 5/8 spark plug socket to remove the spark plug. You may have to remove bolt from fuel rail bracket to lift fuel rail up a bit to remove coil pack on some plugs, there is also a fuel injector connector for each cylinder, the fuel rail can just be lifted up, each fuel injector connector on the fuel rail has an o'ring makes it a little tuff to pull up and to push down in place, ease the rail up and back down seated all the way, did this 4 times myself. Brute force NOT required. Be sure to put anti-seize on each plug thread and torque to specifications.