Water Soaked Carpet

dageaux61
0

Asked by dageaux61 Mar 11, 2010 at 04:01 PM about the 2006 Kia Spectra

I have a 2006 Kia Spectra which has been kept under a carport since new. Recently i moved and it has say outside for the past month not under cover. I noticed a musty smell and upon investigating I found the carpet on the passenger side front, back and drivers side back soaking wet. I brought it to a KIA dealership in Baton Rouge and they sais it was coming in from the firewall around the blower motor seal. I disagreed and said I needed a second opinon. Another shop took everything out seats, carpet, etc and ran it in a high pressure drive through carwash. Wah Lah, the water was coming in from under the doors right past the door seals which were not even touching the door jams since they had shrunk or stayed compressed. This car is less than four years old and the door seals failed, but yet KIA was going to charge me $900 to tear out the dash and fix a blower seal that was not leaking. The seals have been replaced ,the interior reinstalled, and the timing belt replaced while I had it in the shop. Now its for sale and I will never buy or recommend a KIA vehicle to anyone as long as I live. Thank God I didn't buy this one, as I inherited it from a new relationship. DON"T BUY KOREAN JUNK CARS LIKE A KIA!!

Shelley Bolick
10

Hmm. I have a 2010 Kia Forte, and after the first snow, discovered a salt ring around the carpet on the passenger side. The dealer couldn't figure out what the problem was. Hopefully these two potential issues you mentioned will find me a fix.

Michael Martineau
95

Wow! i have a 2006 also, and have not had any issues with water getting inside except when a dumb co-worker left my window down on the passenger side. I have had no serious issues with mine thus far. I have just turned 45,000 miles and all from me. I bought mine with less than 3 on it, and pulled the plastic off myself. All I can say is atleast you got your money out of it!

joewoo
0

I encounter water leak into front passenger compartment.Lost hope in kia car. Will not buy any korean car forever.

joewoo
0

Kia spectra problem head light gets blurr, water leak into front passenger Compartment,Dash board deform,etc

Shteiner
0

I have the same exact problem.. Had 2 mechanics look at it and neither could tell me where the water is coming from.. If you find a solution let me know, I really want to figure this out.