Thermostat

jawash31
0

Asked by jawash31 Jul 11, 2009 at 09:36 PM about the 2002 Jaguar X-Type

Why does the reserve keep losing water & running hot.

Tom Le
515

check for coolant leaks :)

Nik Pappaconstantine
45

Id say the first thing to check is your water pump. Its on the driver side of the car, VERY easy to remove and put a new one in. Water pumps have this little pin hole, with a rubber seal. When your bearings start to go in the water pump, they cut open this rubber seal, and make it start to do a constant drip from the hole. I noticed when mine was going, when i gave it gas, the drip would slow down or stop, and when it sad the and idled, the drips were constant... If you feel like checking that out, as i said its VERY basic, and involves taking the belt off, and taking out like 10 little bolts that are easy and open to get to.. water pumps go for $60 - $100... Good luck!