2005 s jaguar how to change the oil pan

4777doggie
0

Asked by 4777doggie Nov 17, 2012 at 09:01 AM about the 2005 Jaguar S-Type

DavidH25

Engine Unfortunately on this vehicle, you have to follow a particular order and remove a couple of accessories in order to get the oil pan removed. It may take a little more time and effort but it will make the job easier than taking shortcuts. Removal of the Oil Pan Gasket : Remove the transfer case. Drain the engine oil. Remove the accessory drive belt. Remove the A/C compressor lower retaining bolts. Loosen the A/C compressor upper retaining bolts, and swing it out of the way. Remove the lower access cover. Remove the oil pan-to-transmission retaining bolts. Remove the oil pan. Remove and discard the gasket. Clean and inspect the oil pan and the cylinder block sealing surfaces. NOTE 1 The oil pan retaining bolts numbered 1 and 2 are longer than the retaining bolts numbered 3 through 15.

DavidH25

***Pasted from ask.com*** for one thing I wil not use, or paste, something that is not my own without full disclosure, it is bit so 2) If it's wrong I don'r want to grtgetblamed