hourse power

pastaman44
0

Asked by pastaman44 Oct 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM about the 2006 Jaguar S-Type R

Is there an imported version with 500+ hp

DavidH25

The revised 2011 Jaguar XF Supercharged is on sale in the U.S. at a starting price of $68,000. The new model improves over the 2010 model, most notably, under the hood where a larger 5.0-liter engine gets supercharged for a total of 470hp – 50 more than the previous model. Torque is also up, with 424 ft-lbs available. This gives the new XF Supercharged a 0-60 mph time of just 4.9 seconds................******. Pasted from the official Jaguar web site, 470hp is the most I could find

John Leone
3,845

yes, it is true, was released, the issue becomes, how many models were allowed in usa...i knew and forgot right now...but if looking for one, try serious here...Canada, or england or are you a fan of Top Gear, the ENGLAND VERSION, had a short segment on this model, perhaps you tube has clips...

DavidH25

Hi John...that one it didn't say, how many were sold or even shipped hereof that one. And it's not even the V-12, which was what I expected to see as the most HP The Jag site called the v-12-quote- "ill fated", not sure why..I for one don't have $70k under my mattress, but I can always fantasize. When I Googled it there were just too many results to choose from, but I did get interested and I think I will put a bit more effort out. And yeah, I like to watch Top Gear. Cool stuff on there. And a note on superchargers: When my Dad bought a 2004 Buick Regal, V-6 with a supercharger my first thought was "oh god, something to go wrong, hope you got a long warranty, but 8 years and 83k miles later that car will pin you back in the seat like nobody's business, and the main problem with that car is for some reason he has to buy a new battery every year or less, they pro-rate it and he does not pay much each time, but he has tried 4 different brands, none POS cheap ones

DavidH25

PS He is 81 and still loves 'muscle cars"...has better eyesight than I do and it's not even close to the time when our family is going to have to deal with taking his license, that would break his heart but honest to god he drives better than most people

John Leone
3,845

battery issues, look for a Heavy Duty alternator, they are needed for the superchargers, and though a bit more, will save you the trouble of battery shopping more often...I am a huge fan of european cars, so the Jag was nice...