steering wheel lights

mbrown80106
0

Asked by mbrown80106 Oct 10, 2012 at 08:31 PM about the 2006 GMC Sierra 1500

my steering wheel has the function buttons but the only ones that light up are the gas pump, bluetooth looking guy, and programs.  now is there others supposed to light up or those are the only ones that are supposed to? and well how do ya repair those and make them all light up.

GMCustomerService
1,335

Hello mbrown80106, The DIC has different modes which can be accessed by pressing the four DIC buttons located on the steering wheel. These buttons are trip information, fuel information, customization, and select. The button functions are detailed in the following pages. You can review your vehicle's Owner's Manual in the DIC Operations and Displays section pg. 3-53 for more details. Vanessa GM Customer Service

mbrown80106
0

well that didnt help. i said i have like 8 different buttons on my steering wheel. now the only ones that light up are the 4 mentioned in the first question. how do i get the other lights to light up or are the 4 the only ones that are supposed to? how do i fix the others so all 8 light up.

mbrown80106
0

so anything else i can do?

Ckroot
0

Did you get an answer? Only one of my 8 buttons lights up.

mbrown80106
0

No I never did. So it has nothing to do with the functions? They just don't light up like the lights are burnt out. Unless I am missing something here.

Ckroot
0

I found an answer on a different website. It is labeled as $5.00 steering wheel control light fix. Go to www.sileradoss.com in the forums. Each controller has two light bulbs and they do burn out. With a small screwdriver and a soldering iron you can replace them.

mbrown80106
0

Hey great thanks. I think that will help definitely. Thanks for looking.

Ckroot
0

So I pulled my modules out this weekend and went to Radio Shack and they only had two bulbs in stock. I will have to find other stores. My problem is that when trying to remove the smaller/lower two modules I broke the wire connector because the wires were too short. Now I am in real trouble. My 10 minute project is now a major issue. The top two modules were not to hard to get out but I would not encourage you to try to remove the lower two modules. Did you try this fix?