94 ram Turns over wont start

DerekMarburger
0

Asked by DerekMarburger Nov 08, 2008 at 12:02 PM about the 1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

Hey i have a 94 dodge ram with a 5.9 in it.
It turns over but wont start... im getting spark to the plugs and i tried starter fluid and gas in the throttle body.

so my guess would be its not the dis. cap or fuel pump. any ideas.

Adam Morgan
3,615

Sorry to say I'm not all that familiar with your vehicle... the 5.9 is the inline 6 diesel right? Never done more than an oil change on 'em to be honest... I'll just give generic advice then... Likely won't be helpful but until someone with more knowledge on these replies.... So you've checked the ignition system... Are you getting fuel pressure, you said you don't think it's the pump, but didn't mention why... Is compression good?

Justin Doucette
1,275

My guess would be the cam position sensor or the Crank position sensor. I'm not sure if the sensors are the same as the next generation trucks were but I had a similar issue with my 2000 Dakota. Ended up being the cam pos sensor, it's under the distributor cap. 5 mins to change. The Crank sensor is a little harder to get at as it's on top of the belhousing at the back of the block on the passenger side..... at about 10-11 o'clock hope that helps