ABS and BRAKE light on

Dan Connell
4,375

Asked by Dan Mar 13, 2010 at 09:17 AM about the 1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

my 96 ram has the yellow ABS light and the red BRAKE light on constantly, the brake fluid is full and the pedal is consistantly hard like it should be, my emergency brake doesnt work at all, i need to figure out what the problem is because im not sure if ill be able to pass inspection with those lights on. thanks

Ahmed Shalaby
30

check for ABS codes and figure out which one is causing the problem. check all speed sensor connectors. make sure there are no debris built up on the sensors and connectors. Second thing would be to check the wheel bearing and make sure it's not loose. If all good then life the wheel, disconnect the connecter and use an ohm meter to monitor the signal comming out of the sensor, it should be consistant with spinning manually.

Dan Connell
4,375

do you know of any reasonably priced ABS code readers? cause im not going to the dealership haha theyre useless.