why wont my truck stay running

outcasthero
0

Asked by outcasthero Nov 30, 2012 at 09:35 PM about the 2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

ok i have a 2000 dodge 1500 with the 360 in it ive just replaced the battery and alternator fuse. i drove the truck for about 2 weeks then i go out one morning to hunt and the truck wont start. so i tryd jumping the truck it spluttered at first so i rev the engine and it started to run then i let off the gas and it dies right off no hesitation so whats the deal.

supaman1stnna
5

you might need to replace alternator... The battery is just to start truck but it should run off alternator fter its started...

aztec626bf
6,505

Take truck to local auto parts store and get battery and alternator checked for free. If all checks out look for voltage leaks/shorts. It is normal on dodge for them not to idle after a dead battery. Once system voltage gets back to normal it should idle again.

sloandog
0

check to make sure your air filter intake componets are tight, any extra air will screw with the air fuel mixture.

98wagon
20

Check the Idle Air Control Valve. It's on the throttle body held by two torx screws. I had the same problem and replacing that fixed it.

tanicc
80

After a dead battery is charged you need to do the following to reset your computer chip: 1) disconnect neg cable 2) turn key to start position and hold for 30 seconds while pushing your gas to the floor. 3) reconnect your neg terminal. 4) restart your engine and it will run fine.