02 Ram 1500 Problems

FUHQUE
0

Asked by FUHQUE Nov 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM about the 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

I have a weird situation with my Ram. For the last few weeks the security light has been coming on and staying on. No big deal nothing major truck still worked fine. Now the light comes on when the truck is turned off only but me stereo doesn't work, p/w and p/l don't work, dome lights don't work, and my rear lights stay on for about 2 minutes after the truck is turned off. I have disconnected the battery and reconnected. I have checked all my fuses. I have taken my dash all apart to check the stereo. I have run out of things I know to check. Anyone have a clue as to what is happening? Oh and I don't have a security system on the truck or auto start so I don't even know why the light is on.

Ahmad Bostani
45

i am a technician at raceway chrysler, my guess wold be that you have to check the fuse box. because most likely, its coming from there.

islingdirt
140

I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 slt 4x4 quad cab. I have the red light on the dash (RIGHT BELOW THE SPEDO). I replaced the cluster because I thought it was the prob. Now the light is still on and it is blinking now.. sometimes the cluster will blink like it wants to get power, but nothing, what does the red light represent? I have replaced the battery also.

cassstev
10

I am having the same issues. What is the solution?

cgreer37142
10

im haveing the same issues as well! i have been reading. and im starting to think its the battery. ant other suggestions

thejeepdoctor
1,495

if you use the chrysler scanner, you go inti inst. cluster and erase codes. should go out. Glitch.