Air conditioning & power loss

dodgedudette
0

Asked by dodgedudette Jul 19, 2008 at 03:23 PM about the 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500

I have a 2006 Dodge Heavy Duty Ram 2500 diesel 4x4 truck.  I recently had my truck serviced for the second time at the same dealership.  The first time I had to take it in because of a rear end problem.  When I picked it up I immediately noticed a huge power loss.  I brought this to the dealership's attention but they claim I must have received a bad tank of fuel.  The second time I took it in the air conditioning was only blowing cold on one side.  They said it needed recharging and that my power loss was due to a dirty air filter and I "possibly" needed a "fuel filter" and I might "think" about changing the oil if I hadn't done that recently.  The air filter was not that dirty.  I went ahead and replaced both even though I just replaced them at my last oil change.  My air conditioning is a little better but my power sucks!  I can floor the thing and it won't burn the tires off at all.  Before I could burn them off in fourth gear in the rain.  I actually had to be careful where is now there is no worry of that even happening.  Not that that is how I normally drive my truck but that is an example of the power loss I am experiencing.  What do you think happened and how can I repair this?  The dealership will not take care of it.  Also, I have lost approx. 4.5 mpg

papa

just a thought,did you buy the truck at the dealer that serviced it??now what im thinking is maby someone in the shop knew the truck or previous owner,not acusing anyobdy of nothing.to loose that kind of power,your truck could have had a V-CHIP in computer,and was removed and replaced with a stock one.a v-chip is the only thing that would give you that much power in a diesel and add to gas milage.just something to think about.