I have a 2000 chrsyler town and country van taht will not even turn over.

BADDAD
0

Asked by BADDAD Aug 11, 2012 at 09:23 PM about the 2000 Chrysler Town & Country

I drove the van to the bank and when i came out it would not start. The lights all come on but the engin will not turn over. I have had the Battery, Starter checked and they are ok. I replaced the ignigtion switch and it still has not helped. What should i look for next.

jordan199101
50

sounds like a locked motor or a bad piston rod

thereeper
45

Did you check the fuses. on the fuse panel there are 2 or 3 fuses, that control the ignition, depending on if you have a factory installed anti thief system. one will be engine run, one will be ignition, and if equipped one will be security system. all of which will prevent the engine from starting, but the light, and dash panel lights, will still come on when the key is turned to the on position. There is also the neutral safety switch on the transmission, which if it has gone bad. will prevent the engine from turning over.

ltayl8
10

im having the same problem what did you find out was the problem

RCTranMan30044
0

well I had power at the starter, but from the ignition to the starter solenoid no power, so I tried in neutral, the starter works, so that means the ignition switch or neutral safety switch is in the valve body, of course before all this I had to check fuses and relays.