My van seems very rough what can it be

charlenia
0

Asked by charlenia Jul 02, 2013 at 12:49 AM about the 2002 Chrysler Town & Country

Have to turn it over few times before
it starts bit it will stay running just
really rough

lexx6669
55

the first thing I do,,,,,Is check "all the free stuff". fiddel w/hoses wires gently make sure they all seem snug,if holes or bare tape them up,duckt tape if nothing else. then check for dirt on clips,wire ends,caps on spark plugs,battery connections tight & CLEAN!!! cleanliness keeps the mechanics away!!! on everything! you can make a home degreeser by water-LAUNDRY SOAP-& a littel bleach in a spray bottel! make sure yu use Laundry soap.! hose or poor water on your block,since your not going anywhere,,it will dry in abt 1w hrs,then you can SEE!! if those dont ferrit out your mystery,more deeper cleaning is needed.airfilter,fuel filter,carbs,injection,most of those are freebies to do as well. if that doent work,,start getting free engin checks from auto places,look on line,ask parts places,diagnoses hook up if your check engin lite comes on. kiss== keep it simply simple!!

mjhoppe5
5

FOR VACUUM LEAKS, I SPRAY STARTING FLUID IN SHORT BLASTS ON THE HOSES, YOU WILL HEAR THE RPMS CHANGE IF IT IS VACUUM PROBLEM

Laurie Rose
0

I cant believe your haveing problems i you dug for treasure,as I sugested...........BUT..THERE's more! Mix your gas at the station,half supreme & half the next highest octain/usualy Reg.even if you only have $10 to spend! Invest in,B-12 Chemtool,or Lucas makes a Pyrol,fuel injection cleaners and gas treatments.apply those! If you have fuel injection you can clean,your own w/a buddy.Pull the hose to your top end of Block that goes into the intake MANIFOLD.if you dont know..stop & ask a shop!running rough is usualy cheap easy stuff!. You can always find a Biker buddy & Hone out the Cadeletic converter!!,sell the Metal that falls out!,it will run like its got wings! If its still "rough",,then repeat my steps,you missed something. There is a Car God! And.....She loves you!.........................

Laurie Rose
0

Hey....I forgot:::: Sparkplug wires must be new or Perfect!!! Also look for ,coil wire,get a new one. If you have a Distributer-- get a new cap.....costs abt $3.00. These are cheap too. Im working on a Landrover now,that was robbed several times,and dumped into a creek!! It still hauls balls,and....ALLL MY OWN ADVICE WORKED!!