What affect if any if silicone IS NOT used beneath the ignition coil pack?

Alvin1966
340

Asked by Alvin1966 Aug 23, 2013 at 09:33 PM about the 1995 Buick Riviera

I own a 95 Supercharger Riviera and is wondering what effects if any if silicone is not placed beneath the ignition coil pack? And if silicone is necessary what type is recommended?

judge_roy

silicone is a good electrical insulator...the coil pack needs to be immobilized with some kind of cradle...normally a single bolt up the middle is on a "cradle" and should not need any silicone unless you're in a vibration filled environment~

Alvin1966
340

Thanks for your reply. What type of silicone is recommended? I am experiencing an engine vibration more severe at times than others and read that silicone beneath the coil would help eliminate the vibration.

Alvin1966
340

THANKS >>>The answer I was seeking is a substance called dielectric grease>>>>after its application the overall performance of the vehicle has improved.

judge_roy

RTV----room temperature vulcanizing silicone rubber works and is OEM on many parts of your car~