security system

frizzidy
0

Asked by frizzidy Aug 11, 2009 at 02:29 PM about the 1998 Buick LeSabre

my security light keeps comin on

Justin Hatfield
2,815

This is a VERY common thing that happens on GM vehicles. This is how it works. There is a Chip on your key shaft. (newer models have a transponder in the Key's plastic head) This Chip sends a signal that is read by the ignition/lock cylinder. The ignition then sends this signal down the line to the TDM (Theft Deterrent Module). The TDM then allows the starter to start. Seems like alot just to start your car, (it is) but this is how GM decided to do it. The point being that without everything communicating that signal, nobody will be able to "hotwire" and steal your car. The bad news is that every part of that system is expensive and is a "dealer" kind of fix. Get ready to pay up to a thousand bucks to FIX it. The good news is that if you want to BYPASS it, you can do this a lot cheaper. Check out this link for info, pictures, and some sites to help you in this matter. Ive been doing these bypasses for years, and if you bypass it permanantly, you will never have this problem again. You CAN fix this yourself. And will be alot cheaper than taking it in. You can contact me thru that link if you need any further help or have questions. http://vatspasslockpasskeysecurityhelp.yolasite.com/

Darryl Calvin
20

Can I reprogram this computer box myself to get it to program to my car