Where is the fuse to turn off the rear leveling system on a 1999 Buick Park Ave?

Howard847
0

Asked by Howard847 Jan 22, 2012 at 05:04 PM about the 1999 Buick Park Avenue

I hear a motor running after the car is off. The noise is coming from the back end of the car. I am guessing that it is the Rear Leveling System. Anyone know where that fuse is located?

Jking1838
125

I'm not sure exactly where is the fuse is, but it is not that difficult to unplug the electrical connection going to the pump which is located in the back above the muffler.

Jim Campbell
215

There is a 30 amp circuit breaker in the Rear Fuse Block, which I believe is under the rear seat. Look for an ELC label. Removing the circuit breaker will stop the pump. Unplgging the connector under the rear of the car is a bad idea because the connections will be exposed and corroded.

You think this is helpful.
Beverly Moore
10

sounds stupid but is it your radio antenna going down, the only motor that would be running for the leveling is the compressor and that's up in engine compartment

Jim Campbell
215

On an '99 Park the antenna is in the rear glass ... no motor and the rear leveling compressor is under the trunk. The compressor you are thinking of is the air conditioning compressor (which is under the hood but has nothing to do with the rear level control).