Won't start

billori431
0

Asked by billori431 Oct 05, 2008 at 01:50 PM about the 1995 Ford F-150

Truck was running great when I got home from work. Went out next morning to start it and it cranks but won't start. Checked all fuses and fuel pump shut off. Got any ideas for me to try?

Thaddeus Porter
235

try the distributer cap and all the wires leading into it. there is enough power when running to arc the electricity and complete the curcuit but when starting it wont jump the gap between the wire and the connector.

You think this is helpful.
Sheldon Oetken
175

go buy a toyota

Bryan McIntyre
135

its a ford you wouldnt have this kind of problems in a chevy lol

ohgr81
265

Check your coil by putting a multimeter on the ohms setting across the two little connectors (the hot and ground). If the needle or digital screen doesn't move look around for more loose connections or a bad coil wire between the coil and distributor. Clean or replace the distributor cap while you're at it.

You think this is helpful.
ohgr81
265

oh and by the way be thankful you have a ford because if was a GM product you would be trying to do this same project up against the firewall.

Michael Wolf
195

Turn the key on and listen for the fuel pump to cycle before trying to start it. If it does cycle, go to the distributor next, and pull the cap off and crank it over and make sure that rotor is turning, then if it is put the cap back on, and pull the wire for the coil off, and put it on top of a bolt and crank to make sure you are getting spark to the wire. If not your colil might be bad or ignition switch. Has this happen before on my 1994 F150, and did all this and tracked it back to the ignition switch.

You think this is helpful.
Aaron Swafford
305

i had this problem on my 1995 f150 5.0l... my problem was the ignition control module, its a small chip under the hood on the drivers side fender near the fire wall. i replaced that and then the coil burned up, when that happened, the small chip inside the distributer burned up(only way to replace is to get a new distributor). check to see if you have spark, if you dont, its one of those 3 things.

chilotes910
130

But what if the fuel doesnt humm but it still cranks over everything is replaced but yet it still wont start

Enaid Abikb
350

Where is the fuel pump shut off switch? I have a 1990 ford econoline 150 van,V-8,5.8-I have replaced 3 relay switches,the alternator,the battery,the fuel pump,the fuel regulator and a couple of other things.The van started and ran o.k. and then i took it out on the road,it stalled.It would not go,i stepped on the gas,no power. It stalled so i had to pull off to the side of the road. My son replaced the spark plugs too.I think my problem is in the duel fuel tanks.When i was stepping on the gas i could not smell no gas.The van was not getting any gas.Someone told me that there was a fuel pump shut off switch some where.I bought the book.I just want to get my van running.I never had any problems with it until i took it too the wal mart for an oil change,and they touched everything under the hood.Now my power windows won't even work.

You think this is helpful.
papa

ok first time I saw this post,WAL-MART oil change,first check and see if they even put oil back in your motor.I know of several people who had them do the oil change,left with NO OIL IN IT,some were way over filled with oil.eather way is bad news.

blackwidow50
20

I will never go to wal mart again.They broke all of my fuses under the steering column.All i wanted was an oil change.They touched everything under the hood.I never had any problems before i went there!!!!!!!!

papa

go to the manager of the store and complail like hell.they will have to pay to fix what is broken.

Joseph6038
285

This may sound off the wall but if it ran great yesterday and wouldn't start today take a rubber mallot and wack the fuel tank a few times to jar the fuel pump. If the truck starts replace the pump and sending unit.

You think this is helpful.
823
170

Had the same problem for over a year.Truck wont start when the temperture changes. FINALLY FOUND THE ANSWER!!! Replaced the Fuel Contro Modual. It had a slight crack that caused it to expand when cold. Part # 4L3Z-9D370-A Now it starts every time Hope this helps.

You think this is helpful.
Matt Bruyette
60

I Have a 88 Ford F 150 Runs good until temp gets up to about 190 Then it quit I know its not ignition cuz I can shoot carb cleaner in it and it will run When it cools off it starts right back up Any ideas

Matt Bruyette
60

I Have a 88 Ford F 150 Runs good until temp gets up to about 190 Then it quit I know its not ignition cuz I can shoot carb cleaner in it and it will run When it cools off it starts right back up Any ideas The fuel pump is working When this happens

Cyndi Richardson
250

what could be wrong with my 1999 F150' It ran great last Night But today It wouldn't Crank . It sounds like It isn't't getting any gas But fuel is settin on 3/4 tank

You think this is helpful.
tony_roggi
105

my 1997 ford van starts just fine when it warm outside but when it gets cold ,in the 30's or below.it just cranks but doesnt fire up,till the battery goes dead

catmale
10

1999 ford e250 econoline van will crank but will not start in warm weather. but does start in cold weather? its been running like this for many years.

tofou
10

For ford f150 2001 lost power and oil stick want go all way back in