how can i unfreeze the calipers on front of 89 honda accord.i had my girl help me bleed the drivers side yet it is still frozen...???

Asked by frustr8d89 May 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM about the 1989 Honda Accord

More than likely you will have to replace the caliper that is froze, once the piston sticks in the bore it damages the surface of the bore and if you did manage to get it loose it will probably start to leak.

forgot to lubricate the slides with lithium grease...disassemble and do the whole thing again cleaning the pins and using lithium grease...check for side-to-side play when you are done.~

you may need a rubber mallet if they are "stuck"~

greatful for the input.i have not done anything with the first honda and did a cylinder exchange and timing belt.runs great.except for the calipers...its on the block to sell i just do not want to sell someone a car with problems...where should i hit it with the rubber mallet?all i am looking for is a quick has not been driven in over two years.well except for now.

you must disassemble the caliper and if it takes using a rubber mallet, you should do it~that's all I was suggesting....lubricate the slides with lithium grease so the calipers will slide and squish the fluid back...don't be twistin' my intent~

good lookin

gotta do it right...there is no 'quick fix' shouldn't mess around with could run one of your fuzzy friends over...then you'd have to take 'em to the hospital and wait in the waiting area a long disassemble and put it right...sounds like you are going to need some go to a brake shop to put it right~