Rear Brake Lights

weelee
0

Asked by weelee Jun 25, 2008 at 03:12 PM about the 1989 Honda Accord

The rear brake lights will not turn off.
Even when the head lights are off & the car is turned off, the rear lights remain on.
Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
Thanks, Will

Dave Kasprick
35

Brake lights or Tail lights?

Ian Webster
0

behind the brake pedal there should be a switch that depresses when the pedal is pushed sometimes they just need adjusting. if adjusting it does not work it may be the switch thats faulty

Lee Jones
380

if its the rear tailights there is a short somewhere in the harness if its the brakelights that stay on then its the brakelight switch thats easy to fix follow the brake petal under the dash and youll see what looks like a buttun that gets pressed when the brake petal is fully up swap out that and your good to go if the cars is automatic youll see 2 switches sometimes in that case youll need to go to the auto parts store to see wich one is the brake light switch

David Tang
85

had this problem with a 93 legend. the brake switch was not being depressed because there was a hole on the brake pedal exactly where the switch was supposed to be depressed at. I am not sure as to how that hole got there.. maybe years of use? switch was adjusted too far down? i dont knoe but... i just filled up the hole with a screw and it was fine after that.

weelee
0

Thanks, I'll look for switch/button under the brake pedal tomorrow & see if that's the problem. Thanks again.