89 honda accord

lanette
25

Asked by lanette Apr 11, 2008 at 01:35 AM about the 1989 Honda Accord

my 1989 honda accord dont want to start, i ran it on empty, my bad, but when i tried to start the car, well, after the second crank or third, it sounds as the battery is diying not enough juice, and also, where is the fuel pump located?

casper271
4,625

the fuel pump is in the tank

SkylinexBleedsxRed
10

Well, I don't know, but if you say it was on empty, well then it was probably out of gas.. I know my car wont start unless I keep turning the ignition about twice.. And it wont start up right away which sounds like the battery has died, but nothing is wrong with it, The engine is just cold.. But after it starts it runs just fine..

darryl454sschevyss
0

My 89 honda accord exi wont start on the first crank after its been warmed up the engine light comes on and it will start on the second crank the idle speed goes up too 1100 rpm also. Any body have an answer or something for me to try? My manual states that its something wrong with the EFI system but trouble shooting can get expensive with electronic parts, Ive already changed the fuel filter. It runs ok just hard to start when warm.

Jonathan Furse
2,095

You could try putting a little gas directly into the engine via the air filter. Your battery is probably dying, it doesn't get charged unless the engine is running or you charge it.