My 1987 Honda Accord DX surges when you get to about 2000-2500 rpm. I've replaced the spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor, and both fuel filters. I ran a can of carb cleaner through the carburator, all with no change. A repair shop told me it wasn't the distributor and it would be expensive to look further. HELP!

DustyReitz1
25

Asked by DustyReitz1 Aug 20, 2007 at 11:31 PM about the 1987 Honda Accord

dvigano
10,295

Hi DustyReitz1, I would begin by troubleshooting your fuel pressure. You could have a clogged/failing fuel pump or clogged fuel filter. Carb Cleaner will probably not do the trick on the pump or filter. You can check you fuel pressure with a Fuel Pressure Guage. Good luck!