gears grinding when put in park

christie
0

Asked by christie Aug 01, 2009 at 07:44 PM about the 1986 Honda Accord

I want to buy this car but when she puts the car in park it grinds a little. its an automatic.

Dustin Hickman
90

I have an 88 which is basically the same car and mine does the same thing, I bought this car with a bad tranny and put the current one in and I have driven this car for 2 years now, been to the coast with it and drive it on a daily basis, as long as it doesnt make any noise while driving and shifts fine I dont think i would worry much if the price is right.

CRVGURU
80

Teeth have broken off the drive gear in the tranny. STAY away from this car! She has probably never changed the Tranny fluid and the damage is a result.

tommcmanis
4,315

The parking pawl has broken teeth,this car will not stay locked in park on hills causing a possible runaway condition opening you to some pretty serious litigation. Of the price is right replace trans before trusting this car.