what about transmission problems

87tbird
0

Asked by 87tbird Dec 08, 2012 at 05:16 AM about the 1987 Ford Thunderbird

has 63,ooo miles, got on freeway and the engine light came on temp went all the way to hot. turned on the heater and the temp imediatly went down. felt like the car had losst power. there was a little sputter in the acceleration. what could be the problem?

oldtimer37
455

Why do you say transmission? It sounds like you cooked the engine with power loss. if you haven;t blown a head gasket you may have lucked up. IMMEDIATELY change oil and filter. Give me more details.

Rusty Smith
65

Sounds like a cooling system issue. Check fan and thermostat