check engine light

kaceymillie1424
0

Asked by kaceymillie1424 Nov 04, 2007 at 01:52 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Corvette

i traveled 7 miles to go shopping. the car sat parked for an hour and when i started the engine, check engine light came on and stayed on the seven miles home.  what do i do?  

papa

go to a local gurage you trust and have them run a computer scan,also,if you have a local autozone they will do it for free,advance auto dont offer this service.

23,665

In my area Advance Auto does do free code scanning, just an FYI. It is most likely something simple. It's even possible your gas cap was not tightly sealed. Have a garage check this out.

kaceymillie1424
0

thanks very much. i have an autozone not too far away. i will take it there.

kaceymillie1424
0

thanks for your reply. my gas cap is a little "giggy" even when it is on correctly. a prior post told me about Auto Zone which is about seven miles away. I do have an Advanced Auto right down the street. I will try it first and see if they offer the free service.