Chevrolet Corvette 2003 Seatbelts

Sendron
0

Asked by Sendron Mar 04, 2011 at 04:18 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Corvette

Can someone tell me if the seatbelts are connected to the traction control system?  My driver side seat belt is locking up for no apparent reason

Joe Finis Sr.
645

I do not believe so. The seat belts have a dedicated lock system which normally uses weights etc. to determine locking, it sounds as though something has come loose/broken in the belt mechanism, but I highly doubt it has any relation whatsoever to the traction control.

Jason Zane
2,885

its quite g-force sensitive.. i've had mine lockup on me sometimes.

Chuck Minnard
95

Pull the retractor assembly out, look carefully in the mechanism for any foreign objects that might be fooling the inertia lock into thinking the car is decelerating - usually this is a swinging weight of some sort. Turn the seat belt retractor upside down, and unroll the entire belt a few times. When the retractor is in the original position,it should allow the belt to roll in and out properly. You may have to replace the retactor/belt assy.