why does it still run when you turn key off?

gkcourt
0

Asked by gkcourt Jun 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM about the 1987 Ford F-150

120,235

Your ignition lock Cylinder is likely broken, you'll need to replace it.

gkcourt
0

Thanks I'll try that. I have replaced battery,cyleniod (sorry can't spell) and the alternator.

OJ
6,810

Please ask before you spend. If the car starts, the battery is good. If the car starts, the solenoid is good. If the engine always starts after you manage to get the thing turned off, the alternator is good. Your problem is getting the thing to turn off. Everything required to get the thing going seems to be in perfect working order.