l71 vs ls1

abbywolf
25

Asked by abbywolf Mar 23, 2007 at 10:44 AM about the 1971 Chevrolet Corvette

I went with a friend to look for a used car  well we found one outside this spot in the road town  we were in his little make shift office in his garage paying for a car i notice he had a couple of corvettes in fair shape mid 7o's i ask him about one of them ,when he said go in the back room . OH MY GOD  A 1970 vette 4000 miles unbelieveable condition it was red with black inter. but under the hood was what he said was a ZL1  he said he had driven it only once he siad it pulled front wheels in air it scared him to death . he said he had taken it a couple of auto shows in st.louis .im sure he still has car  this was a long time ago. could this really be a ZL1?KEN HENDRIX

18,705

Ken, as far as I know Chevrolet didn't make the ZL1 engine for 1970. I am under the impression that only 2 ZL1 engines were actually produced in Corvettes in 1969, and 69 1969 Camaro's got the ZL1 engine also.