Is the VIN plate on a 1977 Ford F150 Ranger XLT located on the dash and or the Driver door?

captjim
5

Asked by captjim Mar 04, 2011 at 12:55 PM about the 1977 Ford F-150

Looking at a 1977 Ford F150 Ranger XLT in good shape, minimal rust and all original as far as I can tell. It seems to have a good title. Should'nt the VIN plate be located on the dash or just on the drivers door?

papa

on dash,driver side.

captjim
5

Thanks Papa. The dash VIN plate is not there as it should be but the door plate is the original that checks back to the truck with a good title. Not sure what happened to the dash plate.

papa

if the dash plate is missing,I myself would be weirie of it.they put on to stay,if it is removed something is not right their.buy at your own risk.

captjim
5

Point taken. Thanks

papa

no problem.

captjim
5

Papa. I hope you dont mind me asking you a few questions. I noticed that you replied to another post inquiring about the fuel capacity of a 1977 f150 w/duel tanks. (22 gals each) Where did you find that info? I am thinking of removing the second tank and enlarging the rear tank on mine.

papa

all 77,s came with the 22 gal tank,as for what u want to do,you can do it,will have to delite 1 FP,put a bigger psi pump in larger tank,bigest prob i see is mounting,but it can be done.

flyrs
0

Those Ford pickup Vin plates were on the driver's door through 1979 and then in 1980 they moved them to the dash I believe.

papa

All vehicles came with the vin on the dash & door.

flyrs
0

I've owned probably 20 of the mid to late 70's pickups and I've never noticed a VIN on the dash...I have 7 in my yard right now....I'll go look.

papa

I got a 70 & 71 Ranger XLTand the vin is on dash on driver side at windshield,also a 71 Torino cobra with vin in same place,my 67 Fairlane GT has it to.my dad has 2 40 fords,vin plate in same place.

flyrs
0

Is it a plate with rivets that I'm looking for below the windshield, driver's side?

papa

YES.

Magaroo Warburton
5

drivers door, at least it was on ours.......3 spots on vehicles .....door, engine, and firewall........

flyrs
0

I looked at a 67, 73, 75, 76, 78, 78, 79, 79 and all 8 vehicles are pickups...3 two wheel drives and the other 5 are four wheel drives and none of them has a VIN plate on the dash...I would actually like to see a picture of one if you have it...I noticed that the 67 short box 2 wheel drive has the VIN also on top of the right frame rail, like right below a passenger's butt and on the 73 4x4 and a 79 4x4 I see the VIN also stamped on the top of the right frame rail right in front of the front cab mount, right beside the right exhaust manifold. Here's my 73 that is to be purchased this coming saturday:

papa

CHANGE YER OIL

honeycreekmudslinger
0

iv been told that all trucks and cars have a vin # in different locations and that the frame is as well does anyone know where to look at on the frame to find it?