What is wrong if the the headlights won't open up??

bclifton
0

Asked by bclifton Apr 20, 2012 at 09:56 PM about the 1979 Chevrolet Corvette

Karl Schulz
195

first thing to do is check your fuses than see if there is power going to the headlight motor

Yvette Robitaille-Aube
105

Check the vacuum hose and make sure it is firmly installed. When my husbands 69's headlight would not go up I had to unhook the hose and put my thumb over it til the light went up, Then I hooked the hose back up.Until we got it replaced Found this while tooling around the net and kept the link..so Go to this site to read more about vac hoses and the actuator seals http://www.corvettemagazine.com/body/corvette-headlight-repair-make-them-both-open.html

Tim Lee
15

There are 3/8in hoses going from the engine compartment to the front frame cross-section by the headlight actuators. The frame functions as a vacuum reservoir. Check the hoses to the frame and from the frame to the gold metal / black plastic (flying saucer looking) vacuum actuator. A hose is most likely broken or you have an actuator with a BIG leak.