How to disable key-activated alarm on 1979 Corvette

StevenPUlrick
0

Asked by StevenPUlrick Oct 17, 2007 at 04:50 PM about the 1979 Chevrolet Corvette

The alarm in question is the one referred to on page 2-27 of the 1979 Corvette Owners Manual.  I have placed a scan of that page at the following location:
http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/1979Corvette-OwnersManual-2-27.jpg

On page 7-5, I find the following information:
http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/1979Corvette-OwnersManual-7-5.jpg

I am going to pay to actually get this fixed right, but that might take a week or so until we can get that done.  Until then, therefore, this is my question: On page 7-5 of the 1979 Corvette Owner's Manual ( http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/1979Corvette-OwnersManual-7-5.jpg ) I see a fuse for "Clock, Lighter, Courtesy, ANTI-THEFT ALARM (My Emphasis), Glove Box and Dome."  Since everything on that list is either broken or I don't need it, can I just take that fuse out until the new door lock arrives and I can get it fixed properly?

Thank you in advance,
Steven P. Ulrick

papa

YES BUT DONT YOU HAVE A KEY LOCK ON LEFT FENDER NEXT TO CORVETTE EMBLUM.THIS WILL DEACATAVE THE ALARM IF U HAVE IT ON YOUR CAR.

StevenPUlrick
0

I don't believe that we do, but before I leave for work this morning, I will certainly check that out.

StevenPUlrick
0

Apparently 1979 Corvette's do not have a key lock in the location that you described. I recall having seen older Corvette's with a key lock there and I always wondered what it was for. Now I know. Nonetheless, our '79's alarm can only be activated/deactivated by the driver's side key lock :(