I have a 1968 Chevy Malibu, has been parked for years...whats a good asking price.

MSLYNN
0

Asked by MSLYNN Aug 19, 2010 at 06:51 PM about the 1968 Chevrolet Malibu

Belonged to a great uncle and he passed away...car has been parked for years body is in great condition.  Family wants to sell, but we have no clue on what they are worth.  All original parts.

Titus Linebaugh
65

go to a local parts suplier find the oldest guy you can, yes grey hair is required. ask him what he thinks about it. without actuall seeing it or knowing what went into it or what particular modle it was, the best I can do is tell you that a good rust free body with everything else needing replaced should not go for less then 2500. but then that would be for individual retail. and if the body is hiding some rust somewhere crucial it could be worth even less what ever you do, do not trade it in at a dealership. you will get screwed! however if you have just the right car in just the right condition it could be good for over 40k (don't hope for it it's a one in a million chance)

MSLYNN
0

Thank you for your reply....we have found out that it is a V8 white in color and is a 2 door notch back hard top coupe, does that give us a little more?

Titus Linebaugh
65

v8 gives you something and two doors "tudors" "dueces" are more desirable, but the motor might not be the oem (oridginal equiptment manufacturing) spec. you will have to rite your vin#down and look up vin specifications on the net this should also tell you if it is a special modle like a gs, s5, ss, ge. and you should also make a note of all the special options. does it have a radio, electric windows, manual or auto transmission bucket seats bench or split bench, indash tachometer. what style are the wheels? look up pictures via google or bing and see if you can find what the stock wheels look like or perhaps the ralley wheels. you might also look for the stock trim package (chrome trim and paint on the car) hopefully this should help you out but the best way is to find a car guru close enough to drive out to see it. also barns and noble may even have a few books on the car with colored illustrations and descriptions of everything I was just talking about. I know this because I got my dad one for christmas last (he is the definitive guru on chevelles and Malibus)

krogers
10

Wondering if you have sold your car yet ? and if not how much are you asking ?

Rucko
2,495

depending on condition anywhere from 1500 - 5000

trip65

ms lynn it helps if we know a little more about the car and the condition it's in. if its a rust bucket about 500.00 being it's been sitting for years thats about all you're gonna get out of it.

79bMalibubamaboy
5

It's still a 2 dr v8 chevelle. If the body is straight and no rust holes and the floor pans and trunk is good then u got a 4 to 6 thousand dollar car. They are getting hard to find remember that. Chevelles are highly desiable

Rucko
2,495

the malibu was a lil different than the chevelle, as far as options go . the chevelle came with the 350 and up engines the malibu's only had the L6 and the 307.