1976 Corvett

Virago99
0

Asked by Virago99 Jul 01, 2010 at 10:06 PM about the 1976 Chevrolet Corvette

I am thinking of buying a 1976 corvette.  I know it has a newer crate 350.  How can I tell the original color?  What things should I be looking for when checking the corvette out?  I hear I should check the numbers.  I am clueless.  I have a general knowledge of the mechanics of a vehicle but am unsure of what specifics to look at.  I know the air conditionioning motor is there but the belt  was taken off. How can I check to seee if the ac is in working order?

Thankyou for any advice or help.

Jake Ledue
15

if the vin number on the car, and the vin number on the engine match, than the engine is original, and came with the car. check the corvettes owners manuel to see where to find the vin numbers, or just ask the seller, he probably knows

Howard Cooper
85

One of the most important things to check on a C3 (68-82) Corvette is rust, make sure to check the frame thoroughly in the rear kick up area and #3 crossmember. Check the body mount areas by taking off the inspection cover in rear wheel well and the front kick panels. Also the rocker channel areas and windshild frame are prone to rust....buyer beware Here is the work I did on mine to replace the rocker channels, not a fun job! http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-general/1780497-rocker-channel-mayhem.html

Primer
30

Im buying 76 corvette stingaray how do u find out if its a bicenTennial