how much is my 1976 chevy corvette worth

bigbrobobmoose
0

Asked by Mar 31, 2010 at 07:14 PM about the 1976 Chevrolet Corvette

76 StingRay, Great shape, new paint, L-48 350cc auto, all new and R&R'ed 76000mi orig. matching numbers, white with black interior...

Larry Quigley
7,550

Check out www.nadaguides.com for classic car pricing.

Jack Head
225

The value of your car simply comes down to two basic things. 1. What is an acceptable amount you are willing to take for it. 2. What someone is willing to pay for it. Now there are other factors that could come into play and that really depends on the car itself. Does the car have a "Collectability factor", originality, rarity, quality of a restoration, mileage, what was put into the car financially, was it was celebrity owned, was it ever in a magazine, ever been certified by a car club, any awards from top car shows, etc. For most cars (even Corvettes) most of these factors won't apply to the value although many people do try. As a buyer I could care less if the car was owned by Dan Marino or Eminem or in a magazine. Don't get me wrong, I would think it's cool but don't think it adds to the value. The rest really depends on the car itself. What I mean by that is this, unless your 1976 Corvette has a very low VIN number or is some rare combination of equipment don't expect Mecum or Barrett Jackson prices. Since there are no rare 1976 Corvettes that I am aware of it all falls back to what you are willing to take as an acceptable value for your car. I have seen them go from between $3,000 in poor condition to $14,000 in restored condition. You may want to check Corvette Forums and online sales and you may get a better idea. Sorry to be long winded, I hope this helps.

Gary Miller
0

I agree with Jack and feel the mid to late 70's Vettes will likely always be the lowest values but who knows? I like the C3's styling but wish I bought a C2 for it's amazing value. C3's seem to have gone up in value a bit but maybe some ask outrageous prices and don't get them. I recently sold my '76 4 speed L88 with 33K that was sitting for decades in a garage. Just had PS and posi, no other options. I bought it when I was young and dumb soon found I wasn't into it so barely used it. Eventually, it no longer ran but the engine did turn over. Now had all these internet sites to sell it. I sold it pretty cheap (3300) but wanted my car in the garage. Some I see at that price are a mess compared to mine and all apart for a few thou. Years ago, I started to wet sand the paint for repainting. The buyer buffed it and it looks better than when I got it. He replaced the calipers, flushed the fuel system and rebuilt the carb and it runs well. The interior was good and all was stock which the owner loved. Maybe he could get $6K after all he has done, but says he will keep it. Me, I love my garage space for my daily driver a lot more than I ever did that Vette!