How many 1968 Chevy Impalas were made with: 2-door hardtop fastback, 327 4-barrel, factory four-speed with a bench seat? I have one all original.

Hawkman1
0

Asked by Hawkman1 Apr 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM about the 1968 Chevrolet Impala

I have an all-original '68 Chevy Impala fastback 2-door hardtop with factory four speed, bench seat with a 327 engine.  Want to find out value range as I want to restore, and need to know just how much $$$ I should put into resotration.

judge_roy

Lucky You! what do you want us to do? drool....mission accomplished~

judge_roy

you may have put a photo up in there lad;)

82,995

Value range is from rough to Showroom collectible. You didn't post that pic so we don't know condition. The range is $700 to $16000 according to the guides. Around 699,500 V8 Impala's were produced in 1968, how many fastbacks with your options will be hard to find a number? You can search the internet and probably find something closer.

myakayla
55

i also have a 68 impala and am wondering it's value as well. It is also a two door 327 with a bench seat,but i do not know what the other stuff you said is so that i dont know. I know mine says custom on it though. Is that the same? Anyway i can't get a reliable answer anywhere please help?

judge_roy

unless it's had a "chassis off frame" restoration the body to chassis mounts are crumbling because they only used butyl rubber (chewing gum+coal tar) for the main body mounts...personally POURED an engine (hardened valve retrofit), paintjob, interior rework into a '61 Olds dynamic 88, like the one I had when I was a kid...despite all that cost it still needed body mounts...rough and tumble would be like balancing a bowling ball on your tongue to keep it steady....bastard went 80 without breathin' hard~...but put it in the pit of your stomach~ message here: put it in a museum where no one will inadvertently smash into it and break your heart~