I have a 65 Chevy Impala with manual steering and I would like to change it over to power steering?

dino65chevy
0

Asked by dino65chevy Dec 09, 2012 at 11:43 AM about the 1965 Chevrolet Impala

how do i change in over, plus i want to install new brake pads in the front.

Jason Ballard
165

Well the best way to change it over on the older model impalas or most full size chevys really is to find a Saginaw power stearing pump and you will also need the steering gear and lines for it. The Saginaw line of power steering pumps where used on the early chevys I know impalabobs.com as well as summit racing sell rebuilt pumps the steering gear may be a little more difficult but they may have them as well ive never looked for that if they don't have it you might find one at a salvage yard. You will also need to make sure the crankshaft pully has two grooves to accommodate the second belt to operate the power stearing pump.