I am having issues with the tail light on my 65 Caprice. When i turn the headlights on the tail lights will remain lit for about ten minutes then will go out along with the dash lights. The relay/circuit breaker in the fuse box gets hot enuf to burn flesh. It also kills the break and turn signal lights. I have checked grounds, looked for splices. I am at a loss...any help would be much appreciated!

Asked by 65Chuck396 Nov 24, 2012 at 04:42 PM about the 1965 Chevrolet Caprice

Chuck. when you are talking about a 50 year old car it becomes very difficult to diagnose, especially electrical componets. OK, I know this is no help at all, but it is something that needs to be looked at by a professional. Good luck

I had some minor elecrical problems on my 1965 Impala. After trying a number of things I finally took it to a specialist who had the answer to the problem. Check around and hire the best specialist you can find to hopefully solve it quickly.

Robert Lavallee

probably a bad connection for power or ground could be anywhere along any of the wires. probably will be hard to find.

I am with you there Robert. For sure, definitely time consuming but you might get lucky Chuck and find it relatively quickly, best of luck