How much would this car go for - used?

vschulz
0

Asked by vschulz Apr 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM about the 1985 Toyota Tercel

It runs good, has 159k miles, but whines, the passenger window does not roll down, it's a bit rusted on
one part, and has no A/C. The owner is offering $1,500. If this is not a good offer, what should i haggle
for?

aztec626bf
6,935

With mileage and the condition you mentioned I would get him down to $1000 or less. I say this because on these cars the rust you see is not the problem its the rust that you dont easily see. Also if you notice engine noise be careful on this one.

voltagefuel
675

FIRST take it to the local inspection station/garage and pay the $20 to have it inspected. You will know what extra costs above the actual sale price you'll need to dish out to have it legally on the road. Personally, I don't think it worth any more than $750. Site the problems, and costs to repair those with the seller. My advice to take any used car to an inspection center has saved a lot of people tons of money and headaches. Don't be in a hurry, usually when you find a car, the next day you suddenly realize a lot more you never saw. Patience.