We own a 1986 Toyota Tercel wagon with a stick shift transmission. Recently it started making a clunk sound whenever the gears shift is moved from one gear to another. Other than the noise, it works fine. It does not slip out of gear or anything like that. Is this something to be concerned about?

panchoman
25

Asked by panchoman May 25, 2007 at 04:00 PM about the 1986 Toyota Tercel

LouB
11,600

Hi Panchoman. Ya, a noise in the transmission is always something that should get your attention. Take it to your local dealer or maybe better, you local transmission specialist and have them look at it. Tranny problems don't self-heal. They usually get worse if unattended. Take care of this now in case you can prevent a more expensive problem. Good luck!