Why does the Inflatable restaint light stay on. I get a code of 32 & 41. Two dealers say there isn't a problem.

bighoist
0

Asked by bighoist Jan 10, 2007 at 02:38 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Corvette

The light blinks like it is suppose to when starting up but after that it stays on all the time.I have had the car to two different dealers and they say there isn,t a problem. When checking for codes I get a 32 and a 41. This car has never been in a wreck or hit on the front.  Could there be a fault in the Driver information center?

bovan
9,570

Hello bighoist-- There are a lot of things that it could be. Sometimes it is the contact reel in the steering column that is giving you trouble, but I would say that your dealer should be able to get a much more exact diagnosis than anywhere else when they hook you up to the diagnostic computer system. The diagnostic results the computer gives them would be a lot more involved than a simple 32 or 41. Good luck from Bovan.

Anonymous
0

there is a grounding problem. mid america sells a tool to fix this problem