dead battery

dajudge
0

Asked by dajudge Jan 29, 2009 at 09:46 PM about the 1985 Chevrolet Corvette

dead battery after install of new alternator and new battery and the lcd 5amp fuse is drawing power.

Dobermann
325

You first have to look at all of the power(vampire)that is always on. Computer, radio,CD changer in trunk,lighter,interior lights (glove box-hatch open)alarm system horn relay.All of this will run, without your key in the ignition. So if your car sets for two weeks without being run, the battery is going to be low.The use of a good volt/ohm meter will find the problem in quick fashion. The light in the vanity mirror could still be on, even when the lid has been shut. Or the under the hood light could be on when the hood is closed. ....Good luck .....Dobermann