1984 Corvette, why would it take 3 attempts to start?

KCJ
0

Asked by KCJ Oct 08, 2013 at 12:48 PM about the 1984 Chevrolet Corvette

Replaced fuel pump, fuel filter,battery, and plugs.  Now it takes 3 attempts to start.

14,125

Check the computer codes, write then down, disconnect the battery negative cable, turn on headlight switch for at least 30 seconds, turn off headlight switch, reconnect battery cable, start engine and drive vehicle as you normally would. then try it to see if that cure the problem. If problem still exists then test fuel pressure and flow and check fuel pressure bleed of after shut down, pressure should slowly drop after engine shut down not just go away quickly, if it does then the problem could be in the new fuel pump.

ParkerZ06
145

Does it have the Cross-Fire injection system in it?

KCJ
0

Yes it does have the Cross-Fire injection system.

84Vetteman
0

I went through the same problem. Here was my solution, replaced the fuel pump relay switch along with a new 84 fuel pump..........Starts first time, every time...........Good luck