My 84 vette's digital instrument panel is half on and half off,I can see the read out sometimes so I know the gauges work ,It's not lighting up,what do you think ?

lpcguy
0

Asked by lpcguy Aug 16, 2013 at 08:36 PM about the 1984 Chevrolet Corvette

Half the instrument panel lights up.

80,745

Everything you need to know is here......http://batee.com/

judge_roy

I'd have to go entirely less sophisticated then my cohort Tom and am going to suggest that your battery is older than five years and the connection to chassis ground is weak or corroded...what you need to to is get a NEW battery, then with a coarse wirebrush the end of the 1/0awg wire cable with the brush and the place on the chassis that it bolts to~ Cheap fix....needed a new battery anyways...a coarse wirebrush could be your barbeque brush but must make it metal and shiny instead of blue and corroded~okay lpcguy....OK~

Bruce Klug
125

Exchange services will send you a reman, set with mileage and other data.

Stringer
40

You will have to send to a repair service.I had the same problem.sent it off and now works great.I got original product back in a week.only cost me 135.00