84 Toyota celica covetable, how do you refill top motor and lines

63Chevota
0

Asked by 63Chevota Apr 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM about the 1984 Toyota Celica

judge_roy

'covet' like coveting thy neighbor's wife? have NO experience with these, you must consult your manual to begin with to rest assured that you are putting the correct fluid in there...consult your owner's manual on this...will have to research you do you get that in there...will do it now~

judge_roy

Filling the reservoir until fluid runs out is a disaster waiting to happen. The reservoir should be filled with the convertible top in the lowered position and the final level should be approximately 1/4 inch below the bottom of the fill hole. Here's why: The reservoir is a buffer. There is always fluid in the upper and lower portions of the lift cylinders. When the cylinder rod is fully retracted, the reservoir is at it's highest level. This is due to the cylinder rod displacing some of the fluid in the cylinder. When the rod is extended (top raised) the entire bottom of the cylinder fills and reservoir level wiil be at it's lowest point.

judge_roy

the book will tell you a type of transmission fluid, use a funnel at the top of the reservoir~ fill 1/4 from top.

judge_roy

pretty sure the lines will fill themselves once the unit is activated~