Value of 1987 corvette under 10,000 miles convertible black w/ red

Jazmin123
0

Asked by Jazmin123 Nov 23, 2012 at 01:21 AM about the 1987 Chevrolet Corvette

DavidH25

15 years and only 10,000 miles? Was it mothballed? If so, I hope it was done properly, doing all the things necessary to store it for many years. It will need tires, no matter how much tread is on them, the age alone will make them unsafe (assuming the are factory)...otherwise it was only driven less than 700 miles a year, highly unusual. The KBB only goes back to 1994 and lists that car at $16,970 and that car looks mint condition, I bet you could get upwards of $25,000 or more, maybe much more.

Jazmin123
0

Thank you for the information. ... It was stored properly for many years..... All original yes even the tires.

DavidH25

If I had the money I would buy it myself. But, oh well. Change the motor oil and coolant, check all fluids, and please get tires. Like I said before, a 16 year old tire is unsafe no matter if it looks fine.

DavidH25

PS if it was mothballed properly as you say, there will be gasoline stabilizer in the gas tank. If it was stored full of gas, that's good and the stabilizer will have kept the gas from going bad. Gas will go bad and lose it's hydrocarbons through evaporation, and begin to gel. even in a closed tank. If it had little or no gas, there could be condensation, water in the tank, fill it up with premium and add some alcohol based water remover, it will do no harm even if there was a no water in it. You have a gem of a car there.

DavidH25

I keep thinking of more. You will need a new battery, even if you charge it and it works fine at first, chances are it will fail soon. And I forgot to say drain what gas is in it, then fell 'er up.

Monday Carter
0

Well I like it like it is an yo price..im capable of doin the rest...is it still for sale .????