'63 Column shift on a turbo 350?

Poncho Wilson
20

Asked by Poncho Apr 05, 2011 at 11:18 PM about the 1963 Chevrolet Biscayne

New guy here, picked up a 63 Biscayne 2dr last weekend in trade. Id like to use the column shifter if possible to shift the turbo 350 in it. Other than linkage that I dont have (any specific type that I should use would help also) is there any mods to the column shifter itself? I know they were for a 2 spd power glide and Im looking to use it with a 3spd. Is it possible without swaping to a newer column?

Thanks in advance for any productive advice

papa

no cant use the powerglide unless you swap to a auto,

Poncho Wilson
20

It already has a auto column. The H.A.M.B. got me the info I needed.

papa

when you said column shifter I was guessing it was a 3 speed manual,sorry for that .then yes and glad you got the info you needed,is a nice looking car,take care of it they are rare,not many left.looks to be in great shape.good luck with it.

Poncho Wilson
20

Its in ok shape, definetly needs attention. Some rust repair needed. Its being taken care of for sure. Got some electrical to deal with also. Its somewhat rare, traded a '63 Corvair van for it, thats pretty rare. lol. Got a linkage on order, lookin for a shift lever still. Itll get done. lol.

Poncho Wilson
20

Here it is with the Steelies on it. Missing a rear ring.

papa

still a nice looking car,just one favor,please dont drop it.put a set of 15 bye 8 inch rallys with a nice set of white letter tires on it.has it got a 350 in it.

Poncho Wilson
20

Nah not gonna do any of that. If anything some Radirs or Supremes or such. More of a custom or traditional rod look. Maybe a red roof? Definetly a lot more pin stripping. Ordered a hitch for it also to tow my '67 Apache pop up with it.

papa

sounds great,not over the top.keep us in mind when it is done,with picts.