my 90 toyota will only start if jumped from another vehicle

mystro247
0

Asked by mystro247 Dec 01, 2013 at 09:57 AM about the 1990 Toyota Pickup

i have 90 toyota pick-up 4x4 with a 22re, it seems to only start off a jump from another
vehicle, jump boxes or full batteries wont work, i have replaced ign, battery, starter,
and starter relay and problem still seems to appear, i have a deep cycle marine battery
for i run alot acc.. for instance i have 2 - 500 watt helas up front and 2 -500 watt kc on
top, 8000 warn, and i run a 2500 watt sound system, which none of this is all ran at
once nor used unless im 4x4ing, truck has been equiped with this for two years now,
my problem started about a month ago, was told it may be my ground  straps or B+
cable, looking for a second opinion ,. thanks

30,375

Sounds like corroded or loose battery connections. Also clean and tighten the negative connections on the frame and motor. Pay real close attention to these two. I feel they might just be your main issue.

30,375

Oh and if truck will only crank normally when it's being jump started that says to me that all electrical systems on the truck are working properly and there is some kind of connection issue with your own battery.