how would I change out the ignition cylinder on a 94 toyota pick up if the key is broke off in it and wont turn

bailey301
0

Asked by bailey301 Feb 08, 2012 at 09:08 PM about the 1994 Toyota Pickup

Paul Matthews
2,095

You will need to remove the plastic cover around the steering column, once you have done this on the under side of the ignition barrel you should find a cut-out in the surrounding bracket, within this is a sprung loaded button, push this in if you can and the key barrel should slide out. You may have to have the remains of the key in the 'Accessories' position or first position, if you are unable to do this you may have to resort to drilling out the key and innards of the lock to remove the locating button.