price to replace cv joints on 1994 corolla

tinkez
0

Asked by tinkez Mar 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM about the 1994 Toyota Corolla

what is the cost of replacing cvs joints on toyota corolla 1994

55,085

Call around for estimates in your area. Knowing how much it costs where I live isn't going to help you.

judge_roy

probably $125 for a reputable rebuild x 2 = $250 plus new c-clips and labor (about six hours @ 75= $450 job goes easy call it seven bills-

You think this is helpful.
DavidH25

The CV joints for a '94 Corolla come like this, and I came up with just a tad less cost that The Judge about $600 installed, but that mechanic for that price is named Bubba and hasn't washed his hands in 22 years, figures they will just get greasy again

Trucster
115

At $50 each for rebuilt front 94 Corolla axles (after exchange at NAPA, RockAuto, etc) and your own labor, the job is $100. Requires slightly above average do-it-yourself skill, a Haynes manual or YouTube, a good toolbox, an afternoon and some patience. Good luck!

DavidH25

Right on Trucster, true. I was assuming he (she?) was asking about installed. But I really agree with you, it will take a bit more than average skills and more tools than will fit in an old shoebox or whatever. But as you say, with a manual, a laptop computer... bust your knuckles before you start and get it over with, patience, no distractions, limited beer, it can be done under the shade tree

judge_roy

...in the beginning, before these convenient premades was quite a chore to tackle the rebuild, two handed springin' back atcha double fisted pliers with poisonous grease getting everywhere, then havin' to have to clamp special gripper that grips the shaft without hurtin' it. fill the grease then off the grease with greasy-hands made rebuilding one of these axles much more of an adventure than your average 'bob-the-tire-guy' could do in a short amout of time. Thank heaven's there ARE these rebuilds available today...and are cheap (from what I've just been told) now~ as one of these 'wear items' like a timing belt should be relitavely easy to relace, but in fact takes an experienced hand to do right~...an amateur will not pay attention to changing out the c-clips, won't hold the axle, or will be lost inside the differential...whooo.whooo...I didn't do it.

judge_roy

...also be not afraid to use a ball-peen hammer to release the tapered connection at the end of the tie-rod end...most are too timid to slam that hammer hard...distorting a taper takes a little influence, but will 'squirt out' once the nut has been removed without any damage to the equipment...these things are hearty, not like poundin' a guy's skull with it.

judge_roy

Also front end alignment can be a problem depending on the vehicle...re-attaching a volkswagen found a slider plate on the bottom holding the bottom ball assembly in...If this location was not scratched in with a sratcher (like a screwdriver) would be impossible to get right without an alignment rack~

DavidH25

Well put, accurate, and articulate ...as usual Judge

judge_roy

thanks H25, your compliments continue to pump the ego...till bursting~ you are such a very polite man, have had to press the "inapropriate" button several times the last couple of days...and that joker claiming to have spotted bob nueske posting an utterly rediculous picture of michael jackson...okay buddy ha-ha. That will teach ME to share on facebook~ ...what's with these guys? take up a non-destructive hobby, like automobile restoration instead of a cheap-shot at an otherwise right guy!

judge_roy

not your concern DavidH25, just SUPER-glad that another somewhat courageous thinkin' and wrenchin' person actually exists too-....like yourself, for example though like me have lost patience with it now not in practice servicing "all makes and models foreign and domestic"...yeah fine moniker, until faced with changing the belts on a SAAB in the rain with water pooling up under the car...both lifts already being used for the smog check guys...took me hours...did the job and I broke two of the brittle plastic injection lines. Really nice customer sat there two hours lordin' over me while I repaired his car....damn, they put the motor in backwards...hadn't known that 'till 93, when I had to service one.

judge_roy

the old Datsun F-series had the clutch outboard the motor, very easy to get to, never ever seen a clutch job go this easy...wish they still did it like that.

DavidH25

I'm going to send you a PM I know you hate the Captcha you don't need to reply, but if you would read it please?

judge_roy

Guess specialist in 93-96 vehicles might be a category I could excel in~

01bigjon
725

Get reman axles 100. Or less

01bigjon
725

When you turn left noise Lh axle ck bearing alsog