no spark..what do i look at now

lorahawkins
30

Asked by lorahawkins Feb 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM about the 1994 Toyota Corolla

my 94 corolla has a cutting off problem after getting to normal running temperature. you guys said to spray starter fluid into it.  If it didnt start that there was no spark.  Well there was no spark.  So what do I look at now.

7jimmy7
12,515

if you can scan it might help to tell area of trouble, without you guess most likely may be crank sensor or coil pack breakdown when warm [test with heat gun] might help

Dannyl
1,490

ND offers parts online. You can find your ignition and replace the thing. I found them because parts store items were not fitting well and after several warranty replacements, I had enough. That one had the ignitor style in the distributor. Rock auto had separate pieces. The toyota testing book was at our city library, I made photocopies. ran tests and ended up getting all the parts store garbage on one list and the ND parts came all as one. it's the way to go.

Dannyl
1,490

If you like E-bay there is a guy on there who does several. they come all new for cheap, but they are not really OEM quality. He does offer lifetime. If you want to reduce costs, and he is very conscientious and emails and calls you to be sure you have it and it works. The ND parts just work perfect because they are the real deal. An engine that gets hot on you can damage every little thing. so maintaining the cooling system and fans is important.