Why is my SUV stuck in 4WD?

Mannino
0

Asked by Mannino Jul 05, 2007 at 11:10 PM about the 2000 Toyota 4Runner

You can feel it engage into the different gears but when you try to turn the push button 4WD it just keeps flashing and you never hear it pop out of 4WD.  Ive tried disconnecting the batt. and changing the fuse and it did nothing.  Is there some sort of relay that the button goes to that engages it in AND out of 4WD from that push button

24,945

Sounds like the vacuum or electronically-actuated 4WD solenoid is stuck, or the switch is bad. Have this diagnosed by a mechanic. Most likely it is a simple electrical problem related to the 4WD actuators under the vehicle.